- noun1. a homeowner who acts as a contractor and tries to do major improvement projects on weekends (often without understanding the scope of the work to be done)2. a reservist who fulfills the military obligation on weekends• Hypernyms: ↑reservist
* * *noun: a person who participates in a usually physically strenuous activity only on weekends or part-time
lunch-hour aerobicizers metamorphosed into weekend warriors — Mary Duffy & Maura Rhodes
nationally ranked athletes as well as weekend warriors — Nancy Buck
* * *Slang.a reservist who attends weekend meetings of his or her unit in order to fulfill military obligations.
* * *weekend warrior noun1. A member of a reserve force (milit sl)2. Someone who is only intermittently active in a sport or pastime (facetious)• • •Main Entry: ↑week
* * *noun, pl ⋯ -riors [count]US informal1 : a member of the military reserves who trains on the weekends and for a few weeks every year2 : a person who does a particular activity (such as a sport) only on the weekends
* * *a person who works all week, especially in an office or other indoor job, and uses the weekends to go out and do more active and/or dangerous physical activities
Grant is a self-confessed weekend warrior, going off rock climbing each weekend.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Weekend warrior — may refer to: *People who do recreational activities (such as skiing, snowboarding, or mountain biking) solely on the weekends since they work Monday through Friday and may or may not be local to the area of these activities. * A group of people… … Wikipedia
weekend warrior — ☆ weekend warrior n. Slang a person who engages in athletics or military reserve service just on weekends … English World dictionary
weekend warrior — noun a) A part time soldier, or reservist Such was the pace with which I, and many like me, the so called ‘weekend warriors’ or Territorial Army, were hoisted aboard the Gulf War battle wagon. b) A person who indulges in a sport or pastime on an… … Wiktionary
weekend warrior — n. a member of the military reserves. □ I wanted to be a weekend warrior and get some of the educational benefits. □ The weekend warriors were called into active duty … Dictionary of American slang and colloquial expressions
weekend\ warrior — Barbarians from the north that invade South Jersey usually beginning around 4 5:30 P.M. on Friday afternoon, and departing around the same time on Sunday afternoon of the same weekend. They are typified by their loud, obnoxious, and often drunken … Dictionary of american slang
weekend warrior — /wikɛnd ˈwɒriə/ (say weekend woreeuh) noun Colloquial 1. a member of the army reserve. 2. a person, usually a man, who engages in repairs, small building jobs, etc., around the house at the weekend … Australian English dictionary
weekend warrior — Slang. a reservist who attends weekend meetings of his or her unit in order to fulfill military obligations. * * * … Universalium
weekend warrior — noun Date: 1981 a person who participates in a usually physically strenuous activity only on weekends or part time … New Collegiate Dictionary
weekend warrior — Canadian Slang reservist … English dialects glossary
weekend warrior — noun N. Amer. informal a person who participates in an activity only in their spare time … English new terms dictionary